Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The sweetest thing...

I can hardly stand it. We are only 4 days away from Nebraska Cornhusker football. I have been waiting for 8 months for the day to arrive, the day we can welcome the Husker spirit fully back into our lives.
My boys play Nevada this Saturday, and I expect we will kick some Wolf Pack ass. It's going to be a nice tune up for the game against USC in two weeks.
I will be making the traditional Runza's for game time snacking as well as a generous amount of my Secret Recipe Cheese Dip. And the beer will be cold and delicious, perhaps some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, in honor of the team we are about to trounce.
What a wonderful weekend. I think I may be getting a bit emotional. Sorry.
May the Callahan be with you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your guy, and beating Nevada!! :) The beer and munchies always mean a better enjoyment of viewers' sports!

:)

Ps; I finally got to blogrolling you. I thought I had, and then kept forgetting. It's been a busy, crazy time!

wally said...

Another Husker football season is upon us. The Runzas and cheese dip will be on our training table as well. GO BIG RED!!!!!