Monday, September 3, 2007

Back to the salt mines...

Tomorrow it's back to the office. I took Friday off so I had a nice 4 day weekend which was relaxing but short. I progressed nicely on the kayak, I got the hull planks mostly cut out and lots of the little parts done. There is one problem on the bilge plank where the plans have conflicting dimensions. It's only a quarter of an inch, but when the plans tolerances are 1/16", a quarter inch is too much to fudge. So tomorrow I'm going to call CLC and get an answer or some suggestion as to how to proceed. I'm getting excited to actually start putting it together but not looking forward to the fiberglassing part, but maybe it's because I've never done it before?? When I get some decent progress I'll post us some pictures.
Overall, it was a decent weekend spent mostly at home with Charlie.
Did I tell you I'm also taking this coming Friday off...

No comments: