Friday, September 7, 2007

The Shipyards are open...

Progress on the kayak is coming along nicely. I wasn't expecting to get this far along this quickly but I have a tendency to get completely focused on a project at the cost of other chores. That's why my lawn sometimes looks a little ragged.
Anyway, I got the hull assembled today. Here's a couple of pictures.


Tomorrow I'll begin laying the epoxy fillets and fiberglass tape and coating all the wood with liquid epoxy. I think this is going to be messy!!


I will need to take a few hours off tomorrow since my beloved Huskers will be playing on TV at noon. GO BIG RED.






I guess I'll take the rest of the day off...




5 comments:

David said...

i am so happy for you and pleased at the progress youare making. perhaps you will inspire me to make my own soon.
looking good!

Bob-kat said...

Hi. It is so cool that you are doing this. I am always in awe of people with skills like this.

Michele sent me to say hi.

Becky68 said...

That is a beautiful Kayak.
Never been in one myself- but my father had a lovely wood & canvas canoe that I helped him patch & paint once.
Michele sent me today

Lani said...

RUSS! Of course I miss you and I can't believe how beautiful the kayak is! WTG!! I am in NYC right now and will be home tomorrow night. Great pics, great times, and hopefully a soon to be great blog recapping it all! Love your face!!!

David said...

more pics please?