Sunday, May 3, 2009

Class is in session...

I finally have all those "busy work" projects and I can get back to my kayak building. Today I was able to begin turning 8 foot long pieces of mahogany into 16 foot long pieces. I got the scarf cuts ready to join together and I have glued the first three "planks". I have 6 more to make but I only feel comfortable laying up three at a time. The one picture is an example of completed scarf cuts from my first kayak project. The process is the same no mater what so I'm borrowing an old picture. The other is the the long pieces glued and clamped.
Move over...

3 comments:

David Edward said...

Scarfing up your enthusiasm, getting excited about building SOMETHING here. first I will build a friend a deck of fine redwood. for now my plastic kayak will have to suffice.
Carry on wayward son!

David Edward said...

where is the button I click to smell the sawdust and the glue? I SO need a project!

David Edward said...

"Move over rover, and let Jim take over"

one of my favorite Hendrix lyrics