Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's like looking up to see bottom...

Last year at this time I weighed 250lbs. I was miserable, my blood pressure was going up and I was advised that if I didn’t mend my evil ways I would be diabetic before the year was out. It scared me.
So I decided to do something about it and I set to work losing weight. No special diets, no expensive exercise equipment, no workout tapes and no membership to the Gym of the Month club. It was simply 1600 calories a day and walking. Charlie and I hiked a bunch of miles over the next 4 months and when we finally finished, Charlie was full grown and I was 45lbs lighter and down to a 36” waist. I felt different and everyone said I looked good. But something wasn’t right.
Today, almost a year later, I’m back up to 215lbs and I feel terrible. I’m under a doctors supervision, in fact, I’m going to see him again tomorrow. I know I can drop the extra 10 lbs pretty easy, but I don’t think that’s what’s throwing me into this funk.
Has anyone dealt with anything like this before?
I could use a little advice…

No comments: