Tonight I started my latest kayak project... at last!!
All I really got done was to construct my build table, that is, a work bench 16' long by 2' wide on which I assemble the kayak. I learned a lot the from the last (and first) kayak project and one of those things is that the build table must be lightweight and easy to move plus it has to be quickly knocked down flat if needed.
Anyway, this weekend I should get started on building the hull frames, which is an entirely different method than I used before. The construction is still "stitch and glue" but the unique design of the hull makes it impossible to assemble on a flat surface like the Mill Creek I built last time. The hull frames help suspend the hull over the build table while it's assembled. Next time I work on this I'll post up a photo of the table. It's extremely simple and easy to move around the shop.
Glad to finally be started...