Saturday, March 28, 2009

Return of the Jedi...

The Force is strong. The Force, that is, that moves me to work on my kayak. Last night I started laying out and cutting the hull forms and managed to get them 80% completed. It's the first time that I've built anything using full sized drawings. On the last Kayak I had to "loft" the plans onto the wood, which is a boat building term for transferring the pattern from a scale paper drawing to full size drawings on the final medium. It was less time consuming and I'm sure the accuracy will be somewhat better. Anyway, I'm off to a Home Depot where I have finally found a suitable mahogany.

But it looks like rain today...

Addendum - 3/28/09: Working today has revealed that the full size plans SUCK!! They are hard to work with and are susceptible to tearing. CLC needs to fix this...

1 comment:

David Edward said...

back to the shop with ye